Audit and Accounts ManagerInspire Resourcing are recruiting for an experienced Audit and Accounts Manager to join a leading accountancy practice firm in Leeds. This is an excellent opportunity for a fully qualified, ACA or ACCA accountant with experience of leading a team and ideally experience as an Audit and Accounts Manager to join a growing team and contribute to the strategic operation of the business. Job Title: Audit and Accounts Manager Objective: Lead and deliver audit assignments in accordance with the firm’s standards and procedures whilst ensuring exceptional client service; support the Partner group in business development activities including researching, targeting and proposing for new contracts; and support the Partner group on internal operations including recruitment, training, and other strategic projects. Reporting directly to the Partner. Location: Leeds Working hours: 37.5 per week, worked between Monday to Friday Key Duties and Responsibilities: v
- Manage a portfolio of audit and accounts clients
- Ensuring advice to clients is accurate, appropriate, and clear
- Resolve technical issues with clients and colleagues including involvement of specialists where relevant.
- Supervise staff at varying levels of qualification and experience to ensure jobs are completed to a high standard of accuracy and client care.
- Take responsibility for the training and development of staff, including carrying out appraisals and assisting with the development of their technical skills and knowledge.
- Manage your own time and that of others to meet deadlines and deliver an effective service to clients.
- Plan assignments effectively, ensuring adequate resources are allocated and that staff are briefed on the requirements of each job.
- Carry out reviews of each assignment to identify where improvements may be made to enhance the efficiency of client experience subject to the cost implications of each assignment and manage staff time accordingly.
- Ensure that the expectations of clients are managed and met or exceeded.
- Communicate effectively with clients and influence matters at client meetings, working to understand the needs of the client and the business environment in which they operate.
- Use networking and contacts to keep up to date on current business affairs and to contribute to the development of the client base of the firm.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the broader work of other departments in the firm and be able to identify when there are opportunities to provide added value to the work carried out for clients. Person Specification:
- ACA or ACCA qualified with at least 3 years post qualification experience with both Audit and Accounts clients.
- Experience of planning and delivering work to the highest standard.
- Effective communication skills, both written and in person, with experience of attending and contributing to client meetings.
- Evidence of a commitment to own continuous professional development and ensuring technical knowledge is current and relevant.
- Demonstrates ambition and determination to support the Partners in business development activities and other strategic initiatives relative to the department.
- Good IT skills, including experience of using different accounting packages or systems and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Accurate, methodical and organised.
- Smart, personable and has the confidence to network and build wider relationships outside of the firm.