Manufacturing Team LeaderSalary: £10.50 per hour Hours: Permanent After’s: 14.00pm till 22.00pm We are currently looking for two ambitious and motivated individuals to join a global packaging, manufacturing and distribution company based in Chesterfield as Team Leaders. Main Activities/Responsibilities of a Team Leader:
- Supervise and be responsible for all functions, activities and personnel in allocated Teams and Units. Recognise and apply priorities in line with those planned and established with the Manufacturing Manager.
- To assist in the planning of production requirements from appropriate moulding machine and ancillary equipment, ensuring relevant materials are available.
- To communicate production needs to Team members allocating resource as necessary to achieve effective utilisation of the Team and equipment.
- To plan with the Manufacturing Manager, break, holiday, and absence cover enabling optimum performance to meet Company and Customer requirements.
- To liaise with the Manufacturing Manager on optimum labour requirements within the Team for present and future production requirements.
- To organise services of Tool Room, Maintenance or support personnel notifying of the need for repairs and ongoing requirements.
- To ensure Team members apply the specified operating procedures for all manufactured product in the area.
- To assist in providing individual job training, and coaching, to new recruits to the Team and existing Team members, monitor their progress toward achieving acceptable levels of quality and performance.
- To constantly monitor people and equipment ensuring compliance on Health and Safety Issues.
- Approximately 1-3 years relevant experience
- Truck training as applicable: FLT Licence (Counterbalance); Warehouse experience; Banksman Training
- Background within medium/high volume manufacturing and warehousing/engineering environment
- Proven experience of working within a challenging warehouse environment and of leading a team.
- Highly experienced in working under own initiative, demonstrating an ability to set & meet personal targets, combined with the flexibility to adjust to workload priorities to take account of new deadlines.
- Interpersonal and communication skills and a commitment to customer service.
- Good written and numerical skills; IT knowledge, including e-mail, Word, Excel.
- A flexible, forward-thinking approach to work, along with the ability to work as part of a team.