Metallurgical Test TechnicianInspire Resourcing are currently recruiting a Metallurgical Test Technician for our client in Dronfield. This is a great opportunity for an individual with previous experience as a Metallurgical Test Technician or an individual with a degree in a similar role looking to gain experience as a Metallurgical Test Technician. Duties:
- Working occasionally in a hot metal working environment but predominantly heat treatment, the main purpose of the role will be to take samples and prepare for testing.
- Working on the shop floor testing samples
- Routine sample preparation including cleaning and polishing
- Carrying out some mechanical testing / hardness testing and evaluating results
- Inputting information onto database
- Materials Science/Metallurgy or Materials based qualification
- Experience of metallurgy in a production environment preferred
- Good problem solving skills, analytical approach with good numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work in a team and as well as on own initiative
- Able to follow processes and procedures to remain compliant with standards specifications
- Assisting with improvements to procedures and operating methods to increase efficiency
- IT Literate including MS Word and Excel
- Good written and verbal communication skills Pay rate £12.50/hr approx depending on experience Inspire Resourcing also recruit for a variety of other roles such as Finance, IT, Marketing, Sales, Purchasing, Production and Engineering.