Inspire Resourcing Limited are assisting a local client in a search to find a Product Development Engineer.
The Product Development Engineer would be based at their site in Chesterfield but may involve client meetings. As a Product Development Engineer, you will be involved in all levels of the product lifecycle; concepts, development, testing, qualification, production and in-service support.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to liaise and work with internal and external key members of staff
Your main responsibilities as a Product Development Engineer will involve:
- Assisting product design and system engineering activities for new and legacy products.
- Configuration and maintenance of Engineering bills of materials for products
- Coordination of product testing and evaluation.
- Developing and the using of safe systems of work
- Managing suppliers, both internal and external, to ensure that development activities are completed to time and schedule.
- Contributing to the Risk Management process Life Cycle Management (contributing towards design reviews) from concept to disposal.
- Working as part of an integrated project team, including regular engagement with project management, procurement (supply chain) and operations.
Your skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Apprenticeship with HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Development experience in the Engineering industry
- Experience in Product design and/or test and evaluation
- Capable of producing high quality technical reports
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and models
- Experience with trials, tests and evaluation of products
- A working knowledge of Systems Engineering and Engineering design
- Understanding of project management and the ability to use associated tools and techniques
- Working knowledge of Risk Management
- Understanding of statistical analysis
What we’re looking for in you:
You must have strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with all areas of the organisation such as technical, non-technical and those from an assurance and delivery background. Furthermore, you will have the ability to work in a team and to work independently when required.
25-35K depending on experience