Production PlannerInspire Resourcing are working closely with our client based in Chesterfield, who are looking for a Production Planner to join them on a permanent basis. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with previous experience in a Production Planning role, who isn’t afraid to be hands on during particularly busy periods. Main duties:
- Management of the work in progress (WIP) for the division
- Manage and schedule jobs ensuring maximum efficiency.
- Manage and utilise equipment, materials and production labour.
- Involvement and participation in daily production meetings.
- Promote team working and a ‘can do, No problem’ culture across the production team.
- Ensure the shop floor is kept, safe, tidy, and fit for purpose at all times.
- Work alongside the Supervisor ensuring all products are dispatched on schedule.
- Purchasing of stock and ensuring levels are maintained.
- Problem-solving to resolve production issues
- To enable cooperation between production and the Sales Team.
- Involvement in the construction of Bills of Materials which will help to plan capacity.
- With the supervisor, identify skill gaps and training requirements and support those needs.
- Provide ad-hoc production tasks when required such as hand-cutting, eyeleting and tasks that require the use of power tools.
- To develop a thorough understanding of the production processes and capabilities to achieve the best use of resources.
- Have previous experience in a similar role
- Hold excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence decisions and contribute to group discussions
- Be flexible in regards to working hours
- 20 days holiday plus stats
- Company Pension
|Job Category||Industrial, Office|